Jeera Puri, traditional Indian evening snack.
Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Jeera-Puri-Kids-School-Snack-Recipe-42230r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Jeera Puri, Kids School Snack Recipe
The aroma of jeera fills the air and happy childhood memories flood your heart as you fry these tasty Jeera Puris. Do you remember mom waiting with freshly boiled milk and these crisp and tasty puris when you came back from school? Well, now it’s your turn to treat your family and kids to this traditional Indian evening snack. These crisp puris made with a jeera flavoured dough of plain flour and whole wheat flour, can be enjoyed just plain with a cup of hot tea, or used as a base that can be loaded with different toppings and chutneys!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 30 puris.
1½ tsp coarsely crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
¼ cup plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp semolina (rava / sooji)
½ tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
3. Roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
4. Repeat step 3 to roll 29 more puris.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they are crisp and turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6. Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.